Sunday, November 18, 2007

Week 7 # 17 Playing around with PBWiki

My first task was to find out what PBwiki means, and apparently it means Peanut Butter Wiki, as in “it’s as easy as peanut butter”. Users can create free wikis with advertising, or pay for a wiki and avoid ads. Wikis can be public or private (password protected). The ACL Learning wiki was created using the free version. I logged in and added my blog to the Favourite Blogs page and it seemed very easy – too easy, so maybe it didn’t work!

I went to Favourite Books page and immediately saw two of my favourite books in the first few listed, so I knew I would like this page. However only a few of the books listed had a link to a review or to the catalogue which was disappointing. I added a link to the ACL catalogue for the Poisonwood Bible, one of my all time favourite books.

I looked into Favourite Recipes and found only one link to a recipe there (quick lasagne, yum) so added a link to a sticky date pudding recipe. Happy cooking!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good stuff, things only become easy if you practice..good work